Monday, November 13, 2023

Red Mist

 Red mist

The world seemed to fade before me into a red mist. I couldn’t help it I found myself screaming and shouting incoherently and stamping my feet.  The world shifted and I felt embarrassed looking around to see who had seen my momentary lapse. Drat my father and his newest minion had seen me. I went to my bedroom for an hour then came down to the Great Hall.

“If he won’t pull his punches, neither will I.” Dad’s minion, Philip cried as he saw me, ” The woman your father hired to look after you and teach you has quit because of your temper tantrums.”

“I said, I was sorry.”

“How long do you think you had a temper tantrum, today?” asked my father King Fane.

“A minute?”

“Isadora! It was five minutes which caused a huge tsunami and then an earthquake; didn’t you feel it?”

“No, was anyone hurt?”

“This time because of the early warning system, ringing the bell; the people got to safety. You’re too old for temper tantrums, poppet.”

“Sorry, daddy.”

“Princess Ariel will come for your 5th birthday tomorrow; but only if there’s no more tantrums.”

”Thank -you, daddy,” I commented.

Being a princess was hard having to control your temper was even hard especially when your magical abilities got away from you. I’d have to talk to grandma about how to control them better and still get my way. Daddy didn’t know I talked to Grandma, what he didn’t know, would hurt him.

Copyright 2023 © Sheilagh G. Lee

 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is a beacon of wisdom and a guide in uncertain times.

    ReplyDelete

Red Mist

 Red mist The world seemed to fade before me into a red mist. I couldn’t help it I found myself screaming and shouting incoherently and stam...